[TW-marshals] Fw: [Marshalls] Fighter Practice Waivers

deallac at juno.com deallac at juno.com
Mon Dec 3 15:36:40 CST 2012

As many of you heard at Unevent, there have been some changesin when/where the non-member waivers will be required.Below is what was sent to the Seneschals and Marshals lists. Just FYI, there is already discussion happening on getting betterspecifics :) More as it happens More on Unevent coming soon, too :) YIS Dealla

Please note: forwarded message attached

Good Morning! As put out at the Seneschal meeting at Unevent the definition of 'events' in the SCA has changed and we no longer had 'official' and 'unofficial' events. �We have Kingdom Calendar events and locally advertised events. �The definition of 'event' has also broadened and now includes traditional events, demos, A&S gatherings, fighter practices, etc.� This has impacted waivers. � Until Society changes policies again... �:) If any fighter practice is advertised in any Branch meeting, newsletter, egroup, facebook page, or any other media in which the Branch's name is in the title of the media (i.e. Atlantia's Facebook page) - marshalls and waivers are required at the fighter practice. � Now, if your branch has a regularly scheduled Tues night fighter practice, I have approval from Society that you can do one roster waiver for the month. �You do not have to do a separate waiver for every Tuesday night practice. � Additionally ONLY the non-member individuals physically participating in the fighter practice are required to sign the waivers. �Blue card carrying members and non-fighters do not sign the waiver. �If every fighter is a member - then no waiver is needed. � Please encourage your fighters to become members and marshalls. �The more we have of each - the less paper we all have to track and the easier it will be to have practices. � (Waivers get mailed to me until I get a new Waiver Deputy. �As it is an Officer of State position I have to follow Kingdom Law in staffing it, however, I have had interest already shown in the position so I am very hopeful that by the end of January we will have an official Waiver Deputy again.) If you have any questions, please ask!Rozsa --
Baron� Bessenyei Rozsa
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--